Choose Up Mvment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praying to angels?

Go down

Praying to angels? Empty Praying to angels?

Post  Bryan Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 am

While I was looking through the posts on the blog for the little girl who fell in the pool, I saw some posts about praying to "Archangel Raphael", who apparently is the "healing angel". It sounds like a Catholic thing to me, which Wikipedia kind of confirmed, but I'm still curious about the concept and what the Bible says about it. What do you guys think?

Archangel Raphael on Wikipedia

Bryan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Praying to angels? Empty not Biblical

Post  Crystal Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:26 pm

I have no idea where praying to anyone OTHER than God came from but it's not Biblical at all. In Revelations John falls down before an angel and starts to worship him and the angel quickly corrected him. God is the ONLY one who deserves our prayers and worships. He is the ONLY one with the power to save and the power to heal. Romans 8:26 says "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

Why pray to a created being? Are we going to pray to cows or to chickens or to dolphins? Then why would we pray to an angel, another being that was created? The only One who has the power is the Creator

Crystal

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum